OPTIMIZED FOR CONVERSION
FULLY INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR WEBSITE
Over 83 percent of the world’s online population has now made a purchase on an eCommerce website.
According to the US Census Bureau, the US eCommerce volume in 2017 represented 8.9% of total retail sales and grew by 16% in 2017. Amazon the leader in eCommerce gained the bulk of the 2017 growth. However, an eCommerce website is not only for the large online stores – it’s gaining more and more traction on regional and local markets. People have become very comfortable moving money around the Internet and this is an opportunity to address, not only for local retail stores but also for all kind of service offerings – professional and leisure driven. It’s why eCommerce web design should be engaging and user friendly.
An eCommerce website offers a real opportunity to generate revenue 24/7. Your store is always open!
Online selling continues to grow and is currently expanding at 7 times the rate of offline retail growth. But running a successful online store has its challenges. Adopting an effective eCommerce web design strategy will help to avoid the potential pitfalls, enable you to expand your marketing reach and grow your customer base. Here are five key points of focus needed to achieve eCommerce website excellence.
1. Selecting Right Platform
Selecting the right eCommerce technology will set the foundation for your success. Your selling platform will need to not only look great, but be scalable, customizable and of course, be mobile friendly. We combine eCommerce web design excellence and functionality.
2. Know Your Audience
3. Optimize for for Conversion
Your eCommerce website platform should provide essential, easy to use marketing automation tools that allow you to personalize your messages and turn prospects into paying customers. Loyalty programs, cross sales offers and discount coupons are all examples of how you can increase your sales
4. Offer an Outstanding Customer Experience
To build a loyal customer base, you need to provide excellent customer support – that offers an outstanding buyer experience beyond the sale. Your online reputation will depend on it. Having live chat support available lets you customers know you are there if they need you. Our eCommerce web design takes this into consideration and more.
5. Listen, Learn and Improve
The eCommerce website landscape is quite complex and constantly evolving. Hiring experts that follow the outlined process below and understand the complexity of the eCommerce business, the capabilities of the different solutions available and have the ability to customize the solutions to fit to your business processes is key to success.
Process for Complex Solution Integration:
Business Process Analysis
Plan Development & Solution Integration
User Acceptance Testing
Go-Live Process & Training
1. Business Process Analysis
A solid understanding of the business goals and the business processes is the required foundation for a successful eCommerce implementation:
- Target audience
- Variations of product/services to be sold online
- Capacity management (stock level, passenger capacity, etc.)
- Pricing variations, special time periods for availability
- Payment terms and options (e.g. invoice, credit card, pay on delivery, etc.)
- Sales tax requirements
- Delivery fulfillment options (e.g. UPS, USPS, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), special delivery, pickup at store, legal limitation (e.g. alcohol laws))
- Customer notification requirments
- General sales reporting and special reporting requirements
- Business process changes that require special training and change management considerations (push back, willingness to change)
Well documented and approved requirements are the basis for the concrete technical implementation, the test phase and the roll-out of the eCommerce solution.
2. Plan Development & Solution Integration
Based on the agreed upon requirement document that outlines all business requirements, product variations, pricing, payment and delivery fulfillment options, we will develop the concrete implementation plan that includes
- solution implementation roadmap
- timeline for solution implementation with
- solution development phase,
- testing and feedback loops,
- user acceptance testing phase,
- rollout phase with the target launch date and
- user training phase.
During the implementation plan creation and the solution development phase close cooperation between the project managers are required to be able to address questions, discuss implementation options in detail and make decisions about next steps. Besides this day-2-day interaction, regular progress review meetings with all stakeholders are hold to report on progress and to receive feedback on critical decisions.
3. User Acceptance Testing
The User-Acceptance-Testing phase is very important to gain concrete and in detailed feedback from future operators of the system. As early as possible during the development process, feedback and input from these operators will help to
- find implementation issues and inefficiencies of implementation,
- continuously improve the solution while development is still ongoing,
- create operational documentation to describe the new solution for operators and
- involves future operators early in the solution creation which will help later to mitigate change management issues during roll-out phase.
4. Go-Live Process and Training
The Go-Live Process has three important phases with different tasks:
- Setup Solutions for live purchases/booking:
- Finish all operator procedure documentation,
- Finish all operator account creation and perform training for solution operators,
- Setup/configure payment gateways for real payment processing
- Setup/configure shipping methods for real live shipments
- Data migration/input from existing solution(s):
- product information (description, product variances, product dimensions, pricing options, tax requirements, shipping information, etc.)
- existing customer information
- existing order information
- Launch of new solution:
- Selection of concrete launch date and timing – typically beginning of the workweek during night hours
- Detailed plan of launch steps, verification methods and agreed upon fall-back plan in case of critical issues after launch
- Briefing of all involved stakeholders, users and potentially end-user information about change to new system
- Execution of all launch steps to make solution live
- After Launch Testing and Verification:
- Execution of all agreed test cases to verify flawless function of new solutions,
- 24×7 availability of experts to address any issues after solution launch.
5. Continuous Improvements
After all testing and verification of the live solution is done and documented, a recorded training will be performed that becomes part of the operator procedure documentation. This will enable future new operators to get easily familiar with the solution. With the hand-over of the solution, continued support for the eCommerce solution can be provided as part of
As said above, if your eCommerce website is not always improving, you will loose the momentum and will get left behind. Run pilots, split test and regularly examine your website analytics
- to identify and then fix critical problems, such as addressing shopping cart abandonment.
Below are a few examples of local eCommerce implementations done by the WSI team in Napa:
- Sal the Flower Guy – WooCommerce store with customized checkout pages with up-sell options
- Gabriel Glas International – WooCommerce store
- Mattress Barn – WooCommerce store used to display different product options and online sales for special mattress brand
- Calix Company Store – Internal, password protected company store for employees and partners to purchase Calix branded merchandise
Tourism Industry Solutions
- M&K Travel – Online travel store, integrated into Expedia’s white label service for hotel booking, plus flight, tour package and cruise booking capabilities
- Balloons Above the Valley – integrated booking system and WooCommerce store function, fully customized to internal business processes and reporting requirements
- VineTours – integrated online booking system with different tour options
Professional Services Solutions
- Workmix Café Lounge – WooCommerce based, fully customized booking system for shared desk and rooms, online membership module integration with online sign-up, membership directory, membership only content, event module and email system
- Eagle Cycling Club – fully customized online membership system with online sign-up, membership directory, membership only content, event module and email system