Fully integrated solutions for your website, optimized for conversions.
Over 83% of the world’s online population has now made a purchase on an eCommerce website.
An eCommerce website offers a real opportunity to generate revenue 24/7. Your store is always open!
Online selling continues to grow and is increasing 7 times the offline retail growth rate. But running a successful online store has its challenges
Process for Complex Solution Integration:
The eCommerce digital landscape is multifaceted and ever-changing. Hiring experts that follow the outlined process and understand the complexity of eCommerce business, the capabilities of the different solutions available, and have the ability to customize the solutions to fit to your business processes is key to success.
1. Business Process Analysis
- Target audience
- Variations of product/services to be sold online
- Capacity management (stock level, passenger capacity, etc.)
- Pricing variations, special time periods for availability
- Payment terms and options (e.g. invoice, credit card, pay on delivery, etc.)
- Sales tax requirements
- Delivery fulfillment options (e.g. UPS, USPS, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), special delivery, pickup at store, legal limitation (e.g. alcohol laws))
- Customer notification requirments
- General sales reporting and special reporting requirements
- Business process changes that require special training and change management considerations (push back, willingness to change)
Well documented and approved requirements are the basis for the concrete technical implementation, the test phase and the roll-out of the eCommerce solution.
2. Plan Development & Solution Integration
Based on the agreed upon requirement document that outlines all business requirements, product variations, pricing, payment and delivery fulfillment options, we will develop the concrete implementation plan that includes:
- Solution implementation roadmap
- Timeline for solution implementation with
- solution development phase,
- testing and feedback loops,
- user acceptance testing phase,
- rollout phase with the target launch date and
- user training phase.
During the implementation plan creation and the solution development phase close cooperation between the project managers are required to be able to address questions, discuss implementation options in detail and make decisions about next steps. Besides this day-2-day interaction, regular progress review meetings with all stakeholders are hold to report on progress and to receive feedback on critical decisions.
3. User Acceptance Testing
- find implementation issues and inefficiencies of implementation,
- continuously improve the solution while development is still ongoing,
- create operational documentation to describe the new solution for operators and
- involves future operators early in the solution creation which will help later to mitigate change management issues during roll-out phase.
4. Go-Live Process and Training
1. Setup Solutions for live purchases/booking:
- Finish all operator procedure documentation,
- Finish all operator account creation and perform training for solution operators,
- Setup/configure payment gateways for real payment processing
- Setup/configure shipping methods for real live shipments
- Data migration/input from existing solution(s):
- product information (description, product variances, product dimensions, pricing options, tax requirements, shipping information, etc.)
- existing customer information
- existing order information
2. Launch of new solution:
- Selection of concrete launch date and timing – typically beginning of the workweek during night hours
- Detailed plan of launch steps, verification methods and agreed upon fall-back plan in case of critical issues after launch
- Briefing of all involved stakeholders, users and potentially end-user information about change to new system
- Execution of all launch steps to make solution live
3. After Launch Testing and Verification:
- Execution of all agreed test cases to verify flawless function of new solutions,
- 24×7 availability of experts to address any issues after solution launch.
6. Continuous Improvements
- Website security and maintenance program that keeps the website secure and well functioning,
- Growth driven design where the solution launch is just the first step for a continuous growth-driven improvement process or
- As part of broader, long-term digital marketing program.
As said above, if your eCommerce website is not always improving, you will loose the momentum and will get left behind. Run pilots, split test and regularly examine your website analytics to identify and then fix critical problems, such as addressing shopping cart abandonment.
Local eCommerce implementations by our team:
RETAIL STORE SOLUTIONS
- Sal the Flower Guy – WooCommerce store with customized checkout pages with up-sell options
- Gabriel Glas International – WooCommerce store
- Mattress Barn – WooCommerce store used to display different product options and online sales for special mattress brand
- Calix Company Store – Internal, password protected company store for employees and partners to purchase Calix branded merchandise
TOURISM INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS
- Balloons Above the Valley – integrated booking system and WooCommerce store function, fully customized to internal business processes and reporting requirements
- M&K Travel – Online travel store, integrated into Expedia’s white label service for hotel booking, plus flight, tour package and cruise booking capabilities
- VineTours – integrated online booking system with different tour options
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SOLUTIONS
- Workmix Café Lounge – WooCommerce based, fully customized booking system for shared desk and rooms, online membership module integration with online sign-up, membership directory, membership only content, event module and email system
- Eagle Cycling Club – fully customized online membership system with online sign-up, membership directory, membership only content, event module and email system