Nearly half the web is built on WordPress. That’s an incredible feat. More bloggers, small-sized firms, and Fortune 500 companies use the WordPress platform as their content management system of choice than all remaining options combined. All thanks to its powerful flexibility and adaptability.
So, what is WordPress? And what makes it so great?
If It’s on the Web, It’s Probably on WordPress
WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) that makes it easy to manage the important aspects of your website without having to be an advanced web developer. Think of it as a piece of software built just to make it easy to create and edit your own websites. The software doesn’t cost a thing. Anyone can install, use, and modify it for free.
But none of this explains why WordPress is the best website design CMS on the market. Here are the reasons why WordPress continues to dominate the web development market.
1. Endless Customization
WordPress has its origin in the blog space, which is why it’s the most customizable platform available.
- Has the ability to differentiate between posts and pages.
- Provides you the flexibility to sync it with other content marketing tools
- Allows users to leave comments so you can easily moderate them
- Has a wonderful community of web developers who continue to add features that improve performance and user experience
There are thousands of functions that need to be catered for when building websites. In some cases, these web services must be integrated from the ground up, which can be costly and time-consuming. But not always with WordPress.
2. Search Engine Optimization Capabilities
The WordPress platform is designed for SEO. It enables higher rankings through:
- Technical SEO that facilitates easy discovery and indexing by search engines
- Content & User Experience, helping users find answers to the questions easily
- On-site SEO that optimizes the site for search engine rankings
Put simply, WordPress makes it easy to structure, manage and publish your content in an SEO-friendly way.
3. Complete Design Flexibility
The software has come a long way from its origins as a blogging site. It now powers everything from e-commerce stores to mobile applications.
For instance, you can build an eLearning portal with the WordPress Learning Management System, create an RSS news Portal, start a knowledgebase, and build a jobs portal. The possibilities are endless. What’s more, the WordPress Customizer allows you to tweak every aspect of your website. The system supports various design interfaces that themselves can be further customized via coding.
4. WordPress Plugins
There’s a plugin for just about everything – some free, some premium, all designed to help you extend the functionalities of your website.
Here’s an overview of some great plugins, no matter the type of website you’re building:
- Yoast SEO – Get templates for titles and meta descriptions, and manage keywords to rank higher on search engines.
- HubSpot – The HubSpot WordPress plugin allows you to manage all your digital marketing functionalities. You can manage contacts, follow leads, engage with site visitors via chat, track conversions, and more.
- WooCommerce – This plugin enables you to convert your WordPress blog into a fully functional online store.
5. Security and Regulatory Compliance
The versatility and ever-changing nature of the platform are really why WordPress is so popular. However, this also increases the likelihood of bugs and security holes on the websites. Fortunately, WordPress allows web design companies to build robust security features into websites. This is a non-negotiable feature considering how much information and commercial transactions take place on the platform.
Build and Grow a High-Performing Website
WSI Next Gen Marketing is a web design company like no other. Our goal is to simplify web services and support your business goals. Get in touch for the best web design and digital marketing services.